[csw-maintainers] (fwd) [csw-users] FONTS [qy1ggy802 at sneakemail.com]

Tim Longo qy1ggy802 at sneakemail.com
Wed Dec 1 17:40:17 CET 2004

Thank you for the response.

I put this in my local.conf file, and restarted Evolution. The fonts
changed to a fixed width font, and are easier to read, but the letters
are still not right. It seems that the parts of the letters that are
curves or angles such as "V" or "S", have a jagged look to them.

I'll try some other settings, and see if I can get some more
information.

Thanks again.

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 15:14 +0100, Michael Gernoth
michael-at-blastwave.org |blastwave| wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 30, 2004 at 10:16:46PM +0100, Ihsan Dogan wrote:
> > > I'm not sure what package update caused this, but the fonts on Evolution
> > > are blotchy, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Previously, the fonts
> > > were crisp and clear.
> >
> > I have the same problem here. Is a solution available for that?
>
> Hmm, I can only guess...
> What happens if you put the following in /opt/csw/etc/fonts/local.conf:
>
> <?xml version="1.0"?>
> <!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
> <fontconfig>
>   <dir>/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts</dir>
> <!-- Uncomment below to enable subpixel rendering -->
> <!--
>   <match target="font">
>     <test qual="all" name="rgba">
>       <const>unknown</const>
>     </test>
>   </match>
> -->
>   <match target="font">
>     <edit name="autohint" mode="assign">
>       <bool>true</bool>
>     </edit>
>   </match>
> </fontconfig>
>
> Regards,
>   Michael
Tim Longo | Avaya Labs Research | 908 696 5123