[csw-users] Dependancy on Sun packages

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Mon Dec 6 11:57:54 CET 2004

On 06/12/04, 01:26:40, <dave-blastwave at overbearing.org> wrote regarding Re:
[csw-users] Blastwave in trouble?:

fork()...

> How are you managing dependencies with existing Sun packages?

It is assumed that you have a full installation and all Sun the
packages are installed.  Some CSW packages list SUNW dependancies but
remember there is nothing pkg-get can do to install them if they are
missing.

> The Apache I installed from CSW did not check that an existing
> apache supplied by sun was already installed.

There will be no file clash when installing any CSW package but port
numbers might clash.  All of SUNWapchd, CSWapache and CSWapache2 can
be installed together but watch the port number when running together.

James.