[csw-users] Problems with libraries

Wolfram Weiland w.weiland at gmx.de
Tue Jul 20 12:17:16 CEST 2004

I have problems with libraries at almost each application.

They are similiar as for example by gnome-terminal or gimp.

gnome-terminal:

ld.so.1: ./gnome-terminal: fatal: relocation error: file
/opt/csw/lib/libgnomeui-2.so.0: symbol gdk_threads_unlock: referenced
symbol not found

gimp:

ld.so.1: ./gimp: fatal: relocation error: file ./gimp: symbol
gdk_threads_lock: referenced symbol not found

I think it matters with the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. When I do
"env | grep LD_LIBRARY_PATH" I do not see any variable.

The instructions on www.blastwave.org tell, that this path should not be
set. (http://www.blastwave.org/userguide/).

As the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not set in my system, the applications should
work. But they do not. I cannot find the reason.

Would it make sense to export the LD_LIBRARY_PATH as mentioned in the
instructions: "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST" ? But what is
"$ISALIST"?. This variable is not known in my system.
Can someone give some hints, how to solve this problem.

BTW: I use Solaris 9 for intel.

Greetings

Wolfram