[users] less

Christer Solskogen solskogen at carebears.mine.nu
Mon Mar 1 14:04:26 CET 2004

Alex S Moore wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 13:26:08 +0100
> Christer Solskogen <solskogen at carebears.mine.nu> wrote:
>

>>I`m not sure of what you mean here, but i could try to tell you what i
>>do. and if i`m doing anything wrong, please corrent me :)
>>

>>From your output, you can see that you did not have permissions to install
> into /opt/csw.  There are a few documents on blastwave.org that explain
> some things about DESTDIR.
>
> Running configure created Makefile(s).  See if the word DESTDIR is in
> Makefile.  You will probably find that it is not.  The makers of the less
> program may be using older versions of the tools to generate the build
> scripts, such as Makefile.in

I`m having a bad time trying to get what you say.

DESTDIR is not in Makefile. Putting it there makes no diffrence.
(I tried with DESTDIR=/export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage)

Also, there are no files in ~build/less-382/cswstage/opt

I also tried running stagepkg as root. Which gives:
bash-2.05# stagepkg
removing old staging area
creating staging area /export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage
using make arguments of DESTDIR=/export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage
install
will use fakeroot to do install
make
DESTDIR=/export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage install
/export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage
fakeroot
./mkinstalldirs /opt/csw//bin /opt/csw//man/man1
./install.sh -c less /opt/csw//bin/less
./install.sh -c lesskey /opt/csw//bin/lesskey
./install.sh -c lessecho /opt/csw//bin/lessecho
./install.sh -c -m 644 ./less.nro /opt/csw//man/man1/less.1
./install.sh -c -m 644 ./lesskey.nro /opt/csw//man/man1/lesskey.1

Checking for relocatable capability...

Stripping executables...
prototype file is now in /export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage/prototype
If you dont already have a prototype file, you should copy
/export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage/prototype
to where you keep your pkginfo file, and edit it as appropriate. Next,
   cd ~/pkgs/[software]
You should then do EITHER
   createpkg -b /export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage/opt/csw
OR if you want to do things the hard way
   pkgmk -b /export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage/opt/csw \
         -f /export/home/cso/build/less-382/cswstage/prototype \
          BASEDIR=/opt/csw
   [and then all the other cleanup type stuff by hand]

As noted on blasewave.org i also tried with 'MAKE=gmake stagepkg
INSTALL_ROOT=$PWD/cswstage install'

As far as I can see i have followed the documentation on blastwave as
good as i can. It there is something i have lost, please tell me what.

--
Med vennlig hilsen / Best regards
Christer Solskogen / dizzy tun3Z

"Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend!"
-Spider Jerusalem