[users] Evolution

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Wed Mar 10 22:51:12 CET 2004

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:01:36 -0500
Oscar del Rio <delrio at mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:

> As announced on the solaris-x86 yahoo group, Ximian Evolution
> is now available on blastwave for both sparc and x86.
>
> It works great.  It has many library dependencies and you
> might have to upgrade some of them.

Yes, this is exciting.  Some time ago, I worked on packaging Evolution.
But I was overwhelmed by the dependencies.  I am anxious to try this
package.

I have used Evolution on Solaris 9 sparc for several months and think that
it is the best.  I went through all of the hacks to get an install and it
worked for about 6 weeks.  Then something went wrong and I have not been
able to use it with my main login id since then.

So I created a secondary account and copy all of my mail, using procmail,
to that account and have Evolution running all of the time with that
account.  I never log directly into my workstation with the secondary
account and just use su, the xauth things and start Evolution.

Alex