[users] Evolution

Alex S Moore asmoore at edge.net
Fri Mar 12 14:47:18 CET 2004

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 14:09:30 +0100
Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at dogan.ch> wrote:

> How can I delete all Evolution settings and files in my home
> directory? I'm a little bit confused, because there are so many
> files (~/evolution, .gconf-csw) files and directories for
> Evolution.

I wish it were simpler, but it is not only your home directory.  There are
also files relating to gnome tied to your account that are not in the home
directory, such as activation servers.

If you have not run Evolution before, maybe you can just rename ~/evolution
and all .gconf* and .gnome* directories.  Of course, to do this, you need a
different account that has the proper permissions.  If you have run
Evolution, first run `evolution --force-shutdown'.  That will kill off a
few things.

Alex