[users] Using admin file to override /opt/csw as install dir

Markus Gyger markus at gyger.org
Wed Mar 17 15:21:48 CET 2004

> > None so far has been relocatable :(. What's the problem? I don't want
> > them to install on every machnie i our network. My intention is to
> > install them once on a mounted network for anyone to use. Can I not do that?

If you don't want to use /opt/csw then it's usually simplest to
use a lofs mount and not to mess with BASEDIR or option -R. E.g.

# mkdir -p /export/opt/csw /opt/csw
# echo '/export/opt/csw - /opt/csw lofs - yes -' >> /etc/vfstab
# mount /opt/csw
# pkg-get ...
# echo 'share -o ro=@192.168/16 /export/opt/csw' >> /etc/dfs/dfstab
# shareall