[users] Re: [newpkgs] New PostgreSQL packages

Daniel Seichter daniel at dseichter.de
Thu Mar 18 20:26:49 CET 2004

Hello Mark,

thank you for your detailed answer. If I can finish my project I need a
server which can handle big data volumes and handle many subqueries
(like postgresql). And SUN advertises for the Opteron (but I don't think
if this is a REAL 64bit engine, beccause of the compatibility of x86
code) but maybe it will be a server with this technology and so I can
test it in real "life".
On my Blade 1500 I can't really compare if it is faster, because there
is a ATA Hard-Disk.

But hope to get a real test soon.

Wish you a nice evening

Daniel Seichter

P.S.: Maybe you are interested in another environment for postgresql:
postgresql.dseichter.org (not actual but will be soon)