[users] Solaris 10

Thomas Glanzmann sithglan at stud.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Mar 20 20:07:30 CET 2004

Hi,

> which packages will be used if I use Solaris 10? I want to install the
> Software Express, but using some applications from blastwave.  Is it
> possible with Solaris 10 or not?

indeed. it is possible and we're already doing so and had no problems
expect for lsof which is fixed now. Some of the packages which were
build on Solaris 8 dpend on the 'x'-libs which are merged in the normal
libs under Solaris 10 so it maybe necessary to install some 'fake'
packages in order to install some packages on Solaris 10.

See also the whole thread beginning with
http://www.blastwave.org/mailarchives/maint/2003/0694.html

If you need help with creating fake packages just ask Michael Gernoth
<simigern at stud.uni-erlangen.de>

	Thomas