[csw-users] openssl will not install CSWossl

Abram Olson bung-foo at qwest.net
Fri Oct 29 07:49:37 CEST 2004

I'm a new blastwave user. I just downloaded and installed pkg-get
tonight. I'm trying to install gaim but the install keeps failing at
openssl. I've read through the messages here and I see that there is a
bug with the openssl package. I tried all three of the fixes I saw and
none worked. So far I have:

1. removed the openssl package and then tried to install it. The install
fails with no error more informative then "ERROR package not installed"

2. rm /var/sadm/pkg/CSWossl/install/preremove which I found on the bug
list page for the blastwave package

3. a third option that suggested editing the preremove file to fix the
bug in it.

Could anyone help me with this? I'm really in need of gaim and bluefish.

Thanks for your time and knowledge folks.

Abe