[csw-users] Gnumeric startup errors

David Lundy dlundy at pacific.edu
Fri Apr 1 02:35:16 CEST 2005

I just installed gnumeric and found that I get error messages when I
attempt to run it.  There are a number of messages of the form:

** (gnumeric:18988): WARNING **: Unable to load key
'/apps/gnumeric/core/file/history/n'

** (gnumeric:18988): WARNING **: Using default value '4'

** (gnumeric:18988): WARNING **: Unable to load key
'/apps/gnumeric/plugins/activate-new'

** (gnumeric:18988): WARNING **: Using default value 'true'

A window then displays stating that 'The Application "gnumeric" has
quit unexpectedly' with 'Restart Applicaton' and 'Close' boxes.  The
restart button does not successfully start gnumeric.

I do not know why gnumeric is attempting to access a non-existant
directory tree under /apps nor how to resolve the problem.

David Lundy

----
David Lundy
Interim IT Security Officer