[csw-users] Wine error "sysi86: Invalid Argument"?

Bob Doolittle Robert.Doolittle at Sun.COM
Sat Dec 31 22:02:39 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm a newbie, and maybe doing something stupid, but am trying to
follow the User's Guide and am getting nowhere.

I've tried both the Blastwave "Mature Vintage" (2005/04/19) and the
"Blended" (2005/07/25), and when I try to run 'winecfg' or 'wine' itself,
I get:

sysi86: Invalid Argument

I am using a Metropolis W2100z Opteron with a 64-bit Solaris 10 x86
kernel.

Any ideas?  It seems lots of folks are asking the same question on the
forum.sun.com site, but no answers so far.

If it casts any light, trussing the execution shows it dying here:
sysi86(SI86DSCR, 0x08046E20, 0xFEF02CD4, 0x000000C8) Err#22 EINVAL

I'm happy to supply any other details as necessary, but suspect this is a
known issue (didn't find anything in winehq bugzilla or
comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine, however).

BTW -  is the blastwave list archived/searchable?  I hate to ask questions
previously answered on the list...  Sorry if this is a FAQ.

Also BTW, it'd be nice if whoever is building the CFWWine package
would include the wine version in the Solaris package version string.
For example, today we have:
VERSION:  20050419

Would be nicer as:
VERSION:  20050419,Version=0.9.1
or
VERSION: 0.9.1,Build=20050419

I realize you can probably pass an argument into wine to cough up
its version, but for somebody like me who can't get that far it would
be nice to have the package info to fall back on.

Finally, please excuse the cross-posting but I am not sure where the issue
resides and the issue may be of interest to both lists.

Please reply to me directly and CC the list(s).

-Bob