[csw-users] 64-bit question

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Tue Jan 4 23:23:34 CET 2005

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:06:56 -0600
"Berger, Daniel" <Daniel.Berger at qwest.com> wrote:

> I thought that the linker automatically determined the appropriate
> library via isaexec.  I see /opt/csw/lib/sparc and
/opt/csw/lib/sparcv9
> (and libssl.so under each).  Or does isaexec only apply to executable
> binaries and not shared objects?  I wasn't sure.

Not the official answer, but isaexec is for executables.

> Is it possible my openssl package is borked?  Or are all blastwave.org
> packages 32-bit only?  If so, what if I explicitly wanted a 64-bit
> version?

I have a small number of 64-bit packages that use CSWopenssl.  It
works fine.

Try adding to your export list (for sparc only):
LDFLAGS=-L/opt/csw/lib/64
LD_OPTIONS=-R/opt/csw/lib/$ISAEXEC

You also have to build executables in the proper place with a hard link
in {PREFIX}/bin pointing to isaexec.

That usually covers it but there are exceptions.

Alex