[csw-users] Re: Can't get Gnome and KDE

Adrian Hoe 贺文耀 mailbox at adrianhoe.com
Mon Jan 31 06:26:49 CET 2005

On Tuesday, Jan 25, 2005, at 19:00 Asia/Kuala_Lumpur,
users-request at lists.blastwave.org wrote:

>    1. Can't get Gnome and KDE (Adrian Hoe)
>    2. Re: Can't get Gnome and KDE (Alex S Moore)
>> Here's the errors:
>>
>> pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
>>      - bad format in datastream table-of-contents
>> pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from
>>
> </var/run/pkg-get.5498/gnome_dtlogin-2.8.0,REV=2004.12.10-SunOS5.8-all-
> CSW.pkg.gz>
>> ERROR: could not add CSWgnomedtlogin.
>
> These are errors typically seen with a pkgadd that needs patches.
> There
> may be specific patches listed somewhere, but I cannot find it just
> now.
>  You do get the proper updates from the recommended patch cluster.  And
> yes, some packages will work and some will not.

Ok. I installed the patch and pkg-get begins to download and install
kde. Installation was successful.

However, I'm not able to login with kde. I see the kde sign at the
login manager after I choose kde session. The login splash appears on
the screen with "KDE 3.3.1... (blastwave.org). Then I am returned to
the login manager again. Looks like something goes wrong in kde or my
system. Do I need any patches to run kde 3.3.1?

I removed Sun's kde.

My machine is SB150 with Sparc 9 which comes with the Sun's CD sets
(Developer Software Enterprise Edition).

Please help.
--
"Break the Windows and breathe free" - Adrian Hoe, 1998
http://adrianhoe.com