[csw-users] Problems: Firefox w/ Java and something too stoopid to display in the subject

Jeffery Small jeff at cjsa.com
Fri Jul 22 00:41:19 CEST 2005

Josh Kuperman <josh.kuperman at gmail.com> writes:
>[...]
>Questions I need answered:
>1. How to I figure out what apps are now missing libraries that
>started with libj?

??

>2. How can I force a reinstall -- it seems that 'pkg-get -f install
>vncviewer' will just tell me the package is already intalled; I was
>hoping force would make the program just do what I told it regardless
>how stupid it was. (Maybe the way I've been working lately it is not
>a bad thing that it doesn't).

Uninstall the package:	pkg-get -r firefox
Reinstall:		pkg-get -i firefox

>3. Can I get the current Java installed and working with FireFox on
>my SS10?

First, see if you have java installed on your OS.  Typically the Sun java
installs under /usr/j2se so see if you have:

	/usr/j2se/jre/plugin/sparc/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so

If not, install J2SE from the Sun site http://java.sun.com.  Then, make the
following symbolic link:

	cd /opt/csw/libexec/firefox/plugins
	ln -s /usr/j2se/jre/plugin/sparc/ns610/libjavaplugin_oji.so

Restart firefox and java should be working.

Regards,
--
Jeff

Jeffery Small  <jeff at blastwave.org>