[csw-users] Newbie with SS10/Sol9 having problems.

Josh Kuperman josh.kuperman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 17:39:18 CEST 2005

On 6/2/05, Ihsan Dogan <ihsan at dogan.ch> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 01 Jun 2005 18:39 -0700, Carson Little wrote:
>
> > > Good now I remember I get message saying patch 111712 64 Bit Share
> > > library Patch for C++ not installed and some other patches i.e.
> > > 111712, 111722, 113902, 114641. But all the patches that I can
> > > install were installed, so I've no idea what's going on.
> >
> > Its been a while since I have done a install on a sun4m, but I think the
> > installer skips asking to install 64bit packages. They would only be
> > useful on a sun4u anyway.
>
> I thought the installer asks also on sun4m, if it should install
> the 64-bit packages. It's possible, that some packages have
> dependencies on SUNW...x packages.

Well now I'm getting somewhere - I vaguely remember that. Since I had
no reason to say yest at the time, I said no. So I guess these are
more Solaris than Blastwave questions, but is there an easy way to
rerun the installer or ad the 64bit packages so I can see if it helps
?- BTW, it is no big deal to reinstall from scratch - maybe I'll even
figure out how to get the paths right in CDE. (There are a lot of nice
features to doing all this on a machine no one cares about.)  Also,
after installing and starting up FireFox and telling it to ignore all
the missing bits, it does seem to work - though I know it will crash
sooner or later.

--
Josh Kuperman
josh.kuperman at gmail.com