[csw-users] New sasl breaks saslpasswd2? Success!

Alex S Moore asmoore at blastwave.org
Wed Jun 29 13:31:49 CEST 2005

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 02:14:23 -0400
Robert Stampfli <csw at colnet.cboh.org> wrote:

> Success!  I finally got AUTH to work.  Here's what it took:
>
> # mv /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2 /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2~
> # /opt/csw/sbin/saslpasswd2 -f /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2 -c -u
> machine.domain.tld userid

Very good, Robert!

The addition of krb5 to the SASL plugins may be the reason that you
need to specify the realm.

Damjan needs to respond on changing the package's /opt/csw/etc/sasldb2
directory back to a file, as it was in the previous package version.
Having the directory defined with group sasl was important to Damjan.
I will see if I can find out more details on this.

It was my understanding that if a process is not owned by root and uses
the SASL database, then that process owner should be added to the sasl
group.  For sendmail, the sm-mta process is owned by root.  I am not
sure if the submission process uses SASL, which is owned by smmsp.

Thanks, Alex