[csw-users] Solaris 9 x86, Gnome 2.0 already installed - 2.8 a no go

Scott Dunbar scott at xigole.com
Tue Mar 1 23:41:57 CET 2005

Hello,
I've installed Gnome 2.8 on Solaris 9 x86 but can't get anywhere.  I've
verified that I have no LD_LIBRARY_PATH set at all.  However, as one
poster suggested the output from "ldd /opt/csw/bin/gnome-session" shows:

libintl.so.3 =>     (file not found)
libpangoxft-1.0.so.0 =>     (file not found)
libz.so.1 (SUNW_1.1) =>     (version not found)

(all the rest are found).  What part of my install is not correct?  Do I
have to uninstall Gnome 2.0 from Sun?

The symptom that I have is that I get dtlogin, select the Gnome (CSW)
session and try to login.  In about 3-5 seconds I get dtlogin again.
Not being an expert at Gnome (to say the least) are there log files
generated that I can look at?

--
scott dunbar                                    xigole systems, inc.
scott at xigole.com                                superior, co, usa