[csw-users] HELP! pm_dbdmysql failure against current mysql4

Thomas E. Vaughan tevaugha at ball.com
Fri May 6 17:23:47 CEST 2005

I need help with the apparently broken pm_dbdmysql in
unstable.

I filed a bug against pm_dbdmysql because it appears to have
been compiled against a mysql incompatible with the current
mysql4 package.  Password hashing changed in mysql, and so
the pm_dbdmysql package can't talk to mysql.

I'm trying to install bugzilla, which needs a working
perl DBD::mysql module.

My first attempt at a work-around was to remove pm_dbdmysql
(and to ignore the dependence of mysql4 on it) and then do
'perl -MCPAN -e 'install "DBD::mysql"'.

Unfortunately, this did not work because perl tries to
invoke cc, which I don't have.  Making cc be a logical link
to gcc doesn't help because the arguments are unrecognized.

I could really use some help on this.

The best solution would be for someone to rebuild
pm_dbdmysql against the current mysql4 package in unstable
and then upload it to the system so that I can grab it soon.

Failing that, someone with familiarity with build ing CPAN
modules might suggest a way for me to build my own.

Thanks for any help.

--
Thomas E. Vaughan   (303) 939-6386   Ball Aerospace, Boulder