[csw-users] CSW KDE

Thomas Amm thomas.amm at ax11.de
Thu May 12 06:30:12 CEST 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005 12:28:01 +1000
Matthew Day <matthew at promonet.com.au> wrote:

> As a long time user of other KDE packages on solaris, I decided I'd try
> out the Blastwave KDE release on my sun blade 1000 which i just
> reinstalled with Solaris 10.
>
> However on start up i get "Could not find iceauth in path" and KDE exits
> back to dtlogin.  I have never experenced this before.
>
> I had alook through the archives and see a few people have had the same
> trouble, what I haven't seen is a working solution.
>
> Has anyone had any joy getting it to work? Has the maintainer ever
> addressed this? or should i abondon these packages and go back to using
> Stefen Telemans releases?

Several possible reasons:

I have experienced that myself every time on SBs and Solaris10, after a fresh install.

- /export/home is not mounted at boot time.
- kde_dtlogin is not installed
- there's an old .profile or .bashrc or .kderc in your home dir
- /opt/csw/bin is not in $PATH
- /opt is not mounted at boot time

Cheers

Thomas Amm