[csw-users] ldap libraries

Gary Armstrong garyarm at testedgeinc.com
Sat Nov 5 01:43:48 CET 2005

Alex Moore wrote:

>On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:18:28 -0800
>Gary Armstrong <garyarm at testedgeinc.com> wrote:
>

>>I uninstalled openldap, openldap_client, openldap_rt. Installed
>>openldap_client which brought in rt. Didn't touch apache2 except to
>>restart. Yup it works. Oh and even though I upgraded everything
>>~Tuesday, one of them made me update openssl.
>>
>>I'm clueless as to the why. Hope the info helps you.
>>

>My lack of knowledge on apache2 is now a limitation.  I do know a bit
>about apache, but I cannot make apache2 run.  He is listening on port
>80, but I get continuous error messages: [notice] child pid 15058 exit
>signal Illegal instruction (4)
>
>Please uninstall as before, but install only openldap_rt.  Does apache2
>still run?
>
>Alex

Alex;

pkg-get -r openldap_client
pkg-get -r openldap_rt

pkg-get -i openldap_rt

Apache2 still works fine. I had openldap installed even though it wasn't
configured ( at least by me ). It doesn't appear to be client or rt. It
could be that pkg-get was lying to me. Compare was telling me I was up
to date. Maybe I wasn't.

Gary