[csw-users] Build php5 from scratch...

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Tue Apr 4 20:42:14 CEST 2006

On 4/4/06, Turnquist, Greg <gturnqui at harris.com> wrote:

> I am looking into building php5 from scratch so that I can apply the patches
> from http://www.hardened-php.net/hardening_patch.14.html. I
> would like to start from the baseline of building with the same config
> arguments as ap2_modphp5 was build with. Is the configuration information
> for blastwave packages published anywhere, so that I can look this up. If I
> can successfully build the package, then I can proceed to apply the patches
> and rebuild it.

If this is something that would not affect regular PHP5 applications
adversely, then I can arrange to apply the hardening patch prior to
the next blastwave release of the php5 package set.  That would save
you having to compile and manage this change locally.  The php5 build
is non-trivial, given the number of extensions that are enabled.  For
your reference, however, you can examine the blastwave php5 build
config via the web.  The most interesting file for your purpose is
probably:

http://svn.blastwave.org/browser/csw/trunk/lang/php5/files/config.mk

Regards,
Cory.