[csw-users] Getting Seamonkey to work from local display

Raby, Kenny G Kenny.Raby at acs-inc.com
Sat Apr 22 00:02:36 CEST 2006

> Behalf Of Alessio Cervellin
> Sent: Friday, April 21, 2006 2:34 PM
> To: questions and discussions
> Subject: Re: [csw-users] Getting Seamonkey to work from local display
>
> Raby, Kenny G wrote:
> >
> > I've been trying to bring up seamonkey (I also tried mozilla which is
> > having the same problem) on the local display of a SunBlade 150 running
> > Solaris 9, but it core dumps (under CDE, I can't get CSW Gnome to work
> > either)
>
> just as a test, why not to try CSWxfce as desktop manager?

I just installed xfce and xfce_dtlogin on the SB150 (I use XFCE on Linux
boxes as well so am familiar with it but only very basically)

I log out, select it from the log in screen it comes up with a nice pretty
blue screen with the mouse and XFCE on it and nothing else.  The very first
time I try to click the right mouse button a rectangle appears as if it
wants to bring up the menu but then it goes away and nothing else happens.
It just sits there.  Pretty but not very useful.  I even rebooted but that
didn't change anything.

Kenny