[csw-users] Emacs freeze in xfce

Aric Gregson aorchid at mac.com
Wed Aug 9 01:07:57 CEST 2006

I was wondering if anyone else had noticed the same problem as I have.

Running xfce on solaris 10 6/06 x86_64 and any version of emacs
(tried SUNW 21.3, CSW 21.4, CSW 22.0) along with xfce 4.2.3 from
Blastwave. One to many times each day the emacs buffer will go
unresponsive then turn to completely white with only the xfce frame
around it visible. The xfce frame itself is responsive, but emacs is
not there. Emacs is still running and is noted to be 'sleeping' without
an absurd amount of memory in use. To regain control of emacs, I must
kill and restart its process.

Any ideas or suggestions about how to look into what is causing this?

thanks,

aric