[csw-users] Corrupt fonts

Paul Gress pgress at optonline.net
Tue Aug 15 20:57:16 CEST 2006

Paul Gress wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just did a "pkg-get -Uu" on my Blade 2500 running Solaris 10 U2, all
> free patches.  Now almost all my programs from Blastwave have corrupt
> fonts.  The link below is typical of all my applications.
>
> http://www.rad-electronics.com/Downloads/gedit.jpg
>
> Any clues whats corrupt?
>
> Paul

I did some research and got it to work.  I had to roll back both
CSWpango and CSWlibcairo to get it working.  I tested it with rolling
one back of each with no success.  Only works with these two together.

The versions I have it working with is:

$ pkginfo -l CSWpango
   PKGINST:  CSWpango
      NAME:  libpango - Library for laying out and rendering text
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  1.13.5
   BASEDIR:  /
    VENDOR:  http://www.gnome.org packaged for CSW by Ken Mays
    PSTAMP:  ra20060805195826
  INSTDATE:  Aug 15 2006 14:44
   HOTLINE:  http://www.blastwave.org/bugtrak/
     EMAIL:  kenmays at blastwave.org
    STATUS:  completely installed
     FILES:      167 installed pathnames
                  11 shared pathnames
                  20 directories
                  49 executables
                6105 blocks used (approx)

$ pkginfo -l CSWlibcairo
   PKGINST:  CSWlibcairo
      NAME:  libcairo - The Cairo 2D Graphics Library
  CATEGORY:  application
      ARCH:  sparc
   VERSION:  1.2.0,REV=2006.08.02
   BASEDIR:  /