[csw-users] /testing seamonkey 1.0.4

Alexander Maier amaier at blastwave.org
Wed Aug 16 13:37:17 CEST 2006

Am Mi 16.08.2006 12:18 schrieb Mats Larsson <mats.larsson at ericsson.com>:

>On 2006-08-16 10:27, Alexander Maier wrote:
>>Hi Mats,
>>
>>please try as root
>>
>>/opt/csw/bin/fc-cache -f -s -v
>
>/opt/csw/bin/fc-cache: "/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts": caching, 0 fonts,
>13 dirs
>/opt/csw/bin/fc-cache: "/usr/openwin/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi": caching,
>173 fonts, 0 dirs
[..]
>/opt/csw/bin/fc-cache: succeeded
>
>>and pay attention for core dumps.
>
>No core dump. And the above seems to have done the trick. Gaim and
>Seamonkey starts faster now.
>
>Where does fc-cache store this cache?
>
>Do I have to do this on every S10 box which want to run apps from
>/opt/csw? All boxes are NFS mounting /opt/csw/at my site.

In all directories configured in /opt/csw/etc/fontconfig/fonts.conf
fc-cache has to write a file called "fonts.cache-csw-1" so that all
programs using CSW libfontconfig.so have fast (cached) access to
information about fonts in these directories. "fonts.cache-csw-1" is
used to not conflict with Solaris fontconfig tools, which use the
default "fonts.cache-1" name.  fc-cache is invoked from postinstall
script and every time the OS is booted.

But in your case you have to run /opt/csw/bin/fc-cache on every Solaris
NFS-Client.

-Alexander