[csw-users] GNOME 2.14.3 migration update

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 18:20:44 CEST 2006

Update on the GNOME project:

We know have the control center and print enabled in
gimp 2.2.12 again. Yelp is now mainly using firefox
instead of mozilla. Gnome-media updated. Other tweaks
here and there.

Standard GNOME doesn't come with a lot of the apps
applied (remember, this is how GNOME was always
discussed and you usually had to add certain applets
and apps you wanted to the the panel/menu).

We have just about everything in place. Oddly,
Blastwave has one of the most up-to-date versions of
GNOME so we can port 99% of the existing GNOME apps
ove at the Gnomefiles repository (i.e.
http://www.gnomefiles.org).

Let me know what issues you find.

Ken Mays