[csw-users] Problems with RT installation

Willie Bollinger willie at qis.net
Wed Aug 30 17:03:44 CEST 2006

I recently installed RT using the csw rt package and the mysql4 csw
package. When I go to initialize the database with the included script
/opt/csw/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database I get the following error.

# ./rt-setup-database --action init --dba root --prompt-for-dba-password
"my" variable $id masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/opt/csw/rt3/lib/RT/CustomField_Overlay.pm line 879.
"my" variable $id masks earlier declaration in same scope at
/opt/csw/rt3/lib/RT/CustomField_Overlay.pm line 914.
In order to create or update your RT database,this script needs to
connect to your mysql instance on localhost as root.
Please specify that user's database password below. If the user has no
database
password, just press return.

Password:
Now creating a database for RT.
Creating mysql database rt3.
Now populating database schema.
Creating database schema.
readline() on closed filehandle SCHEMA_LOCAL at ./rt-setup-database line
193.
Transactions not supported by database at /opt/csw/lib/perl/csw/DBI.pm
line 1657.

I have looked at the mysql configuration and it should be set up for
innodb tables. Any idea what the problem is here?

     Willie Bollinger      | 2975B Manchester Rd. | E-Mail: willie at qis.net
Quantum Internet Services | Manchester, MD 21102 |  Voice: 410-239-6920