[csw-users] unstable versus stable

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Sun Dec 10 16:52:36 CET 2006

> Hi All,
> I have read http://www.blastwave.org/userguide, but it is still a little
> unclear to me how to migrate from unstable to stable. During my setup of
> a production server, I used pkg-get to install everything I needed.
> Later I came to find out that I was pulling from the unstable mirror.
> This was of course my fault for not inspecting my pkg-get.conf before
> running pkg-get. Basically, what is the best way to
> go from unstable to stable without losing any of my current
> configuration, e.g. CSWapache?

You just nailed a really important issue and I want to attack this head on.

I will make the necessary modifications to the homepage such that people
know that the unstable tree is selected by default.  I think that the end
user should have the option to select either "stable" or "unstable" when
the CSWpkgget package is installed and thus they are made aware of that
choice.

The next issue is a HOW TO go from the unstable tree to the stable tree with
a minimum of fuss.

--
Dennis Clarke