[csw-users] Emacs 22 snapsot 20060201 CVS in testing

Peter FELECAN pfelecan at blastwave.org
Thu Feb 2 07:05:00 CET 2006

Cory Omand <comand at blastwave.org> writes:

> Peter FELECAN wrote:
>> As promised, the monthly CVS snapshot of the next version of Emacs, in
>> the testing area:
>
> Peter,
>
> Quite some time ago, I compiled exuberant ctags, in order to use ctags
> with vim.  It turns out, however, that emacs includes it's own copy of
> ctags/etags.  Is there any way to store the emacs ctags/etags in a
> private directory so only emacs has access to them, so I can have a
> ctags package install exuberant ctags into /opt/csw/bin?
>
> Thoughts?

Cory,

I think that we already had this discussion. My opinion about this
is:

- Emacs ctags/etags is also used by other software --- not having it
  naturally accessible is uncomfortable;

- if "exuberant ctags" is feature wise equivalent to the ctags version
  we can consider an "alternative" mechanism --- it permits to choose
  which ctags is used;

Could you fill a feature request in mantis and stating clearly what is
your desired behaviour?

--
Peter