[csw-users] Odd problem installing pkg-get

Krist van Besien krist.vanbesien at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:32:50 CET 2006

On 2/28/06, Dennis Clarke <blastwave at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/28/06, Chris Ridd <chris.ridd at isode.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > We more or less did that. We installed pkg-get on a system that never
> > > had it. We created a /opt/cs/etc/pkg-get.conf file.
>
> I'll assume /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf
>
> which you did not need to create .. because it gets created for you
> when you install CSWpkg_get
>
> let's go back through this step by step and fix this situation okay ?
>
> First .. run the fol :
>
> pkginfo | grep CSW
>
> and then show me what you get

Can't do that anymore as a) our sysadmins have gone home and I don't
have root on production systems and b) it would give us a whole list
of installed CSW packages, as we went on to install quite a bit after
copying the config to etc.

What we told the sysadmins to do was literally the following:

1) pkgadd -d pkg_get.pkg
2) vi /opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf
(to change the mirror url to url=http://mirror.switch.ch/ftp/mirror/csw/stable)
3) /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -U

This worked fine on the first server, but on the other three pkg-get
-U first complained about a missing config file... The file was most
definitely not missing.

All I can do now is post-mortems. I can not go back an do it all over
again. I am just left with the mistery...

Krist

krist.vanbesien at gmail.com
Solothurn, Switzerland