[csw-users] Semi-OT: Simple Network Host-Status Tool?

Tim Smith tim.smith at degreec.com
Fri Jan 20 21:42:57 CET 2006

ive got it to a point where its installed and configured (real basic
setup .. monitoring ping and ssh on one box for starters) and i can
authenticate in through the web gui however whenever i try and select
any of the options on the left hand side i get an error telling me that
nagios isnt actually running (it is .. verified with ps)

when i run nagios from the command line with -v i get no warnings or
errors on my configs. I do however get the following in the log:

[1137789408] Error: Could not re-connect to database server on host ''
for status data.  I'll keep trying every 60 seconds...
[1137789408] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host ''
using username '' and password '' for comment data!
[1137789408] Error: Could not connect to MySQL database '' on host ''
using username '' and password '' for downtime data!

now, i am pretty sure I didnt tell it anywhere to look in a mysql
database for anything... and i havent found this in the FAQ or the
troubleshooting docs ...

Thoughts? Flames?

-Tim Smith