[csw-users] solaris 9 pkgs on solaris 10

Neal A. Lucier nlucier at math.purdue.edu
Fri Jan 27 19:42:28 CET 2006

My NFS server, where I install all the CSW packages, is running Solaris
10; however, all my clients are running Solaris 9.

This is causing some apps to fail in weird ways and others are failing
in perfectly normal ways, like not being able to find the correct
version of zlib.

So, I want to install all the 5.9 packages on my NFS server instead of
the 5.10 packages.  It looks like I could just change the following line
in /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get:
OSREV=`uname -r`
to:
OSREV=5.9

Is this all I have to do and everything will "just work"?

Thanks,
Neal
nlucier at math.purdue.edu