[csw-users] xboard & flightgear

James Lee james at blastwave.org
Mon Jul 24 11:20:57 CEST 2006

On 24/07/06, 09:59:29, Jonathan Boyd <jonathan.boyd at bioch.ox.ac.uk> wrote
regarding [csw-users] xboard & flightgear:

> (i) I downloaded XBOARD from unstable and
> the package appeared to load properly.
> However, on launching xboard and attempting
> to play a game the following error message
> always occurs on move 2.

> illegal move ... (rejected by first chess program)

> Has any one else seen this?

Yes:
http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0000597

> (ii) I downloaded flightgear & flightgear_base
> and tried to start the programme with fgfs and
> on my machine the following messages occur:

> The contents of directory /opt/csw/share/FlightGear
> (referred to below) only contains fgfs-base-cvs041606.tar .

> ld.so.1: fgfs: fatal: /opt/csw/lib/libopenal.so:
> /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/$ISALIST
> -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST: token ISALIST could not be expanded
> ld.so.1: fgfs: fatal: /opt/csw/lib/libopenal.so:
> /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/$ISALIST
> -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST: token ISALIST could not be expanded
> ld.so.1: fgfs: fatal: /opt/csw/lib/libopenal.so:
> /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/$ISALIST
> -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST: token ISALIST could not be expanded
> ld.so.1: fgfs: fatal: /opt/csw/lib/libopenal.so:
> /opt/csw/gcc3/lib/$ISALIST
> -R/opt/csw/lib/$ISALIST: token ISALIST could not be expanded

http://www.blastwave.org/mantis/view_bug_page.php?f_id=0001275

So to answer the question "Yuck. Explain this a little as does it affect
the package or library from functioning? Does it affect the compiling or
linking of other packages??", it seems yes.  Ken, just fix it.