[csw-users] We have migrated to the stable CSW GNOME 2.14.2 desktop!!

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon Jul 31 04:23:40 CEST 2006

> Yes, "pkg-get -i gnome" will work. We are still
> updating some of the packages so be patient!

I fully expect there to be a few bumps in the ride but all in all the most
modern implementation of GNOME to be had anywhere will be at Blastwave.

In fact, Ken ( and a pile of us in tow ) was cranking out GNOME 2.16 at one
point but we all see that as beta.  For now we are at 2.14 but you need to
know that when 2.16 gets released then it will be ready for Solaris in
very short order.

Quite frankly I think we all owe Ken Mays a debt of gratitude for his
insanely hard work, around the clock for nearly 168 hours to get this
all put together.

Dennis Clarke