[csw-users] Mod_security on blastwave...

Turnquist, Greg gturnqui at harris.com
Mon May 15 22:08:04 CEST 2006

Has anybody built mod_security from source using a blastwave
distribution? The errors I get are nebulous, and don't turn up much on
Google.

$ /opt/csw/apache2/sbin/apxs -c -S CC=gcc mod_security.c

/opt/csw/apache2/share/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc
-prefer-pic -xO
3 -xarch=v8 -xspace -xildoff -I/opt/csw/bdb43/include -I/opt/csw/include
-I/opt
/csw/bdb43/include -I/opt/csw/include -DSOLARIS2=8
-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS -D
_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -xO3 -xarch=v8 -xspace -xildoff
-I/opt/csw/bdb4
3/include -I/opt/csw/include -mt -I/opt/csw/apache2/include
-I/opt/csw/apache2/
include   -I/opt/csw/apache2/include -I/opt/csw/bdb43/include
-I/opt/csw/include
  -c -o mod_security.lo mod_security.c && touch mod_security.slo
libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536

The current packages I have on my "build" machine are listed below:

* CSWap2prefork        ap2_prefork - Apache 2.2 prefork MPM
* CSWapache2           apache2 - Apache 2.2 web server
* CSWapache2-devel     apache2_devel - Apache 2.2 development support
* CSWapache2c          apache2c - Apache 2.2 web server (core)
* CSWapache2rt         apache2rt - Apache 2.2 runtime libraries
* CSWbdb4              berkeleydb4 - Embedded database libraries and
utilities
* CSWbdb43             berkeleydb43 - BerkeleyDB 4.3 libraries and
utilities
* CSWbison             bison - GNU yacc parser generator
* CSWcommon            common - common files and dirs for CSW packages
* CSWexpat             expat -  XML Parser Toolkit
* CSWflex              flex - older version of the 'flex' parser
generator
* CSWgcc4core          gcc4core - GNU C Compiler
* CSWgcc4corert        gcc4corert - GNU C Compiler Run Time
* CSWgcc4g++           gcc4g++ - GNU C++ Compiler
* CSWgcc4g++rt         gcc4g++rt - GNU C++ Compiler Run Time
* CSWgdbm              gdbm - GNU dbm
* CSWggettext          ggettext - GNU gettext
* CSWgm4               gm4 - GNU m4 Unix macro processor
* CSWgmake             gmake - GNU make
* CSWgsed              gsed - The GNU non-interactive text
Stream-oriented EDitor (sed)
* CSWiconv             libiconv - GNU iconv library
* CSWlibnet            libnet - the libnet packet construction library
* CSWlibxml2           libxml2 - XML Parser Library
* CSWmysql4devel       mysql4devel - MySQL 4 development support
* CSWmysql4rt          mysql4rt - run-time libraries for mysql4
* CSWncurses           ncurses - ncurses library and utilities
* CSWoldapdevel        openldap_devel - OpenLDAP development support
* CSWoldaprt           openldap_rt - OpenLDAP runtime libraries
* CSWossl              openssl - The Open Source toolkit for SSL and
TLS.
* CSWperl              perl - A high-level, general-purpose programming
language.
* CSWpkgget            pkg_get - CSW version of automated package
download tool
* CSWreadline          readline - library to enable interactive line
editing
* CSWsasl              sasl - Simple Authentication and Security Layer
* CSWsqlite3           sqlite3 - An embeddable SQL engine in a C library
* CSWzlib              zlib - Zlib Data Compression Library

Greg Turnquist
Software Engineer
HARRIS Corporation
* Greg.Turnquist at harris.com