[csw-users] pkg-get help

Oldwen Adriano oldwenstyle at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 8 18:48:52 CET 2006

These are my results from your suggestion.  Any other ideas??  Thank you...

  #: / -> nslookup nixcraft.in
Server:  dns.vsnl.net.in
Address:  202.54.1.30
  *** dns.vsnl.net.in can't find nixcraft.in: Query refused

  #: / -> pkg-get -i wget
WARNING: gpg not found
NOTE: To have checksums compared, you must install one of:
  md5  or gmd5sum (gmd5sum is available with GNU textutils)
  try 'pkg-get install textutils'
WARNING: no catalog file for site ftp.math.purdue.edu
Updating catalog file first
Getting catalog...
/opt/csw/bin/pkg-get: wget: cannot execute
ERROR: could not get catalog file
#: / ->

Armand Heijster - Sun EMEA <Armand.Heijster at Sun.COM> wrote:
    1) Create the file called /etc/resolv.conf - which includes the primary and secondary DNS server IP address for Solaris system, it can be your own DNS server or your ISPs DNS server:
# touch /etc/resolv.conf
  Open /etc/resolv.conf using vi text editor:
  # vi /etc/resolv.conf
  Add following lines to it:
  search nixcraft.in
nameserver 202.54.1.30
nameserver 202.54.1.18
  Where,

   nameserver IP : It is IP of first DNS server
   search nixcraft.in : Default domain name to search. For example, if you type command nslookup www, it will search it as www.nixcraft.in
  2) Enable the name resolving using DNS as follows:
  # cp /etc/nsswitch.dns /etc/nsswitch.conf
  3) Test it by running the nslookup command as follows:
  # nslookup nixcraft.in
  OR
  # /usr/sfw/sbin/nslookup nixcraft.in
  Output:

Server:  gwbsd2vsnl.nixcraft.in  Address:  192.168.1.202    Non-authoritative answer:  Name:    nixcraft.in  Address:  202.71.128.225

Oldwen Adriano wrote:     Hello all,
  I have followed the instructions on the blastwave website, but I am still having trouble getting this to work.  Can someone help me.  The following are the known variables.

-- SunOS 5.8
-- Server does not have DNS.  I can ping any IP, but I can not resolve names    (www.google.com)
-- I have tried url=http://128.210.3.14/mirrors/blastwave.org/unstable/

  ********pkg-get.conf**********************
  # Configuration file for "pkg-get"
# man pkg-get for details on the program
  # This config file has been pre-customized for use with CSW packages.
# The latest set of CSW mirrors is always available at
#  http://www.blastwave.org/mirrors.html
  # default site, in USA:
url=http://ftp.math.purdue.edu/mirrors/blastwave.org/unstable/
# secondary US mirror
#url=http://csw.ch.bme.hu/unstable/
  # Denmark mirror. FTP preferred.
#url=ftp://mirrors.sunsite.dk/mirrors/csw/unstable
#url=http://mirrors.sunsite.dk/csw/unstable

# If you are behind a firewall, set one of these as appropriate
#ftp_proxy=http://your-proxy:8023
#http_proxy=http://your-proxy:8023
#export http_proxy ftp_proxy
  # You may also set PROXYFLAGS in your environment to set flags
"/opt/csw/etc/pkg-get.conf" 43 lines, 1449 characters
  **** test *************
  #: / -> which wget
/tmp/wget/wget
#: / -> which pkg-get
/opt/csw/bin/pkg-get
#: / ->
***********************
  *** run attempt ***************************
  #: / -> pkg-get -i wget
WARNING: gpg not found
NOTE: To have checksums compared, you must install one of:
  md5  or gmd5sum (gmd5sum is available with GNU textutils)
  try 'pkg-get install textutils'
  WARNING: no catalog file for site ftp.math.purdue.edu
Updating catalog file first
Getting catalog...
/opt/csw/bin/pkg-get: wget: cannot execute
ERROR: could not get catalog file
#: / ->

          Armand Heijster
TSC emea x64 - SC MC