[csw-users] Latest Gaim problem

Paul Gress pgress at optonline.net
Tue Nov 21 17:29:40 CET 2006

Aaron Wilson wrote:
> All I get is a pop up that says "GStreamer failed to initialize." and
> there is a Close button. No output in the terminal window I'm running
> Gaim from.
>

> Torrey McMahon wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks.
>>

>> I'm "away" from a Solaris box with net access for awhile so you'll have to give me some more details on the error messages you're seeing.

I too was getting the same message, and I thought Gaim wasn't working
after I clicked close.  But I noticed on my task bar there was a gaim
icon.  Upon clicking on that icon the gaim window popped up working
except for sound.  So I basically reverted to the previous release.

http://blastwave.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/oldpkgs/unstable/i386/5.10/gaim-2.0.0,REV=2006.10.13-SunOS5.8-i386-CSW.pkg.gz

http://blastwave.informatik.uni-erlangen.de/oldpkgs/unstable/sparc/5.10/gaim-2.0.0,REV=2006.10.13-SunOS5.8-sparc-CSW.pkg.gz

Paul