[csw-users] PHPx modules conflicting with native Solaris LDAP libs

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Wed Oct 4 18:33:35 CEST 2006

On 10/3/06, David Blank-Edelman <dnb at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
> We can't seem to get in touch with the current maintainer to see if
> he would consider doing something like this so we're kind of stuck.
> The end goal seems pretty straightforward: we'd like a a Blastwave-
> installed version of Apache that has mod_php (4 or 5) with native
> LDAP and mysql support working in it to support vBulletin. So far it
> has been really, really hard to get there. Any suggestions at this
> point would be gratefully appreciated.  Thanks for listening to our
> tale of Blastwave woe.

David,

Mark Round is the person you quote above as the "former maintainer" of
php.  He is in fact the current maintainer of php4.  I am the current
maintainer of php5, and I have not (to the best of my and gmail's
recollection) received any emails directly on this topic.

At this time, the php[45]_ldap modules *require* OpenLDAP.  Any LD_*
games will fail dismally, as OpenLDAP is most certainly != Sun LDAP.
Attempting to distribute a Sun LDAP capable php[45]_ldap module might
be possible, were we to create two packages php[45]_ldap, and
php[45]_ldapsun which were incompatible with each other.  I will
attempt such a build this morning, but as I recollect from compiling
against the Sun LDAP libraries in the past, there may be code changes
to PHP required, and I no longer have the patches I was using.  This
translates into additional time spent creating the packages.  Not an
intractable problem, but I do have a day job :-).

I'll see what I can do on the php5 front.

- C.