[csw-users] PHPx modules conflicting with native Solaris LDAP libs

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Oct 4 18:38:03 CEST 2006

> Howdy-

Howdy.

>    We've been trying our very best to solve this problem by ourselves
> for the last couple of weeks to no avail.

That was your first mistake.  You work alone.  Welcome to the users list
where we would have loved to hear from you two weeks ago and saved you
a pile of pain.  At least we would have jumped in to work with you and
try to help you and figure out what is going on.

> We are bleary eyed from looking at backtraces, truss output, and google
> searches.

  :-(

Oh geez, I hate it when that sort of thing happens and it does happen
but no way should you have been out there alone trying to figure this
all out by yourself.

> The maintainer for these packages has not responded to our email so
> now we find we have to throw ourselves on the mercy of this list as a
> last resort before we have to abandon Blastwave for this purpose.

Well, I have no idea how you tried to contact the maintainer but this
user mailist is the _first_ line of contact to try.  Everyone sees it
and we all read it.

> Here's the situation (more details on any of it available upon request):

OKay .. now .. let me read all of this and get a handle on what you are
dealing with.

Before we go further :

    What rev of Solaris is this on what architecture ?
    Just dump out 'uname -a' and 'cat /etc/release'

    Also, lets see a full report from :

       /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -U

       /opt/csw/bin/pkg-get -c | grep -v Not | grep -v SAME

    Then we can start this fray !

Dennis