[csw-users] perl problems

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Wed Oct 4 19:24:26 CEST 2006

On 10/4/06, Mike Briggs <Mike.Briggs at sun.com> wrote:
> Historically we've run perl, php, mysql, etc. out of /usr/local/. Path
> and LD_LIB_PATH have /usr/local/{bin,lib} near at the front. This is a
> Solaris 10/x86 machine so /usr/sfw is also available.
>
> I recently needed to upgrade to apache2/php5/mysql5 and used Neal
> Pollack's excellent recipe from his blog. This turned me on to blastwave
> and pkg-get.
>
> I made the mistake of deleting /usr/local/mysql (v4) from /usr/local.
> /usr/local/bin/perl was connecting to a mysql DB on another machine
> using the client.
>
> I can now use /opt/csw/bin/perl to connect to mysql5, but I can't get
> libwww to install in /opt/csw. I also can't get the DBI/DBD to reinstall
> in /usr/local.
>
> I assume I have a confused set of perl paths. Any recommendation on how
> to proceed?

Hi Mike,

I will confirm, you probably have a confused set of perl paths.  I
recommend that you use perl from CSWperl, as well as the CSWpm perl
module package for DBD-mysql (pm_dbdmysql).  You should also not be
setting a LD_LIBRARY_PATH (or you should be *extremely* careful when
doing so) when using blastwave packages.

If you need to add additional @INC paths to CSWperl, such as to point
to locally developed perl modules in /usr/local/lib/perl, you can add:

unshift @INC, '/usr/local/lib/perl';

to /opt/csw/share/perl/site_perl/sitecustomize.pl (see
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlrun.html for details).

- C.