[csw-users] A few BlastWave Questions . . . (generic Blastwave & PHP related)

Tom Briglia etsie_inet at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 21:20:12 CEST 2006

Hi Folks,

I recently ran across the site and was pretty
impressed, kudos to all! I perused the site for 10-15
minutes yet did not see an answer to my immediate
question hence my email post.

My main question before I dig in and start using
Blastwave packages is with respect to 64 bit support.
Are the SPARC binaries and the libraries supplied in
Blastwave packages 64 bit or 32 bit?

For yrs when I was too lazy to compile stuff myself I
used Sunfreeware packages yet recently have been
compiling stuff myself for the Sunfreeware stuff all
seemed to be 32 bit. I am trying to deploy some new
servers with everything being 64 bit and everything
was looking good until I tried to compile PHP 5.1.6
in 64 bit mode.

For the last 10 days I have not been able to get a
clean 64 bit compile and I am getting really
FRUSTRATED! The Build/Compile actually runs w/o error
giving you a false sense of success until you do a
"make install" where the Pear install errors out due
to a lower level PHP/XML problem.

I found a similar post here on the Blastwave site yet
nobody has followed up yet:

http://lists.blastwave.org/pipermail/users/2006-October/004667.html

This is the same error relating to
xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilenameDefault which I get
when doing the make install, or I get that error when
trying to start up Apache using the libphp5.so module
which compiled w/o problem. So it appears based on the
posting by Maunir Shah that the PHP Blastwave package
has the same problem as when I compile PHP myself.

So to summarize my queries:

1) Is the Blastwave PHP package for Solaris 10 32 or
64 bit? Has it really been tested "run time" for like
I said I can successfully compile it, the errors do
not occur until you actually execute the PHP binary or
load the shared library module into Apache.

2) Has anyone yet figured out how to get around this
xmlParserInputBufferCreateFilenameDefault problem when
compiling PHP for Solaris 10 64 bit?

I have searched the Internet for a week now trying to
find a solution w/o any luck. I have found other
people who hit the same problem yet nobody has
published a definitive fix. I even get the same
problem trying to build the latest PHP 5.2 dev
release!

Thanks in advance!

T.