[csw-users] GNOME 2.14.3 update - 1 Sept 2006

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 18:59:35 CEST 2006

Two things have happened recently:

1. The Sun JDS team are opening up their SVN
repository so maybe we can use the same JDS work to
build and maintain the Blastwave.org GNOME structure.
There are a lot of packages to always maintain so this
would make life easier for a sole maintainer of GNOME
if this is automated, yet decreases the flexibility of
'doing your own thing' - so we shall see.

2. Finally doing a pull of GNOME from unstable. I was
hoping to merge everything in my gnome-testing dir
into unstable before I did this, but be what it may,
I'm going to work with what we have today.

I have appreciated everyone's help in doing the
earlier testing of Blastwave's GNOME. I know this was
a pain for some people, but I had to spend the time to
build the desktop in which now I can spend the time to
do my own testing and bug fixing. This might take
awhile since I will be loading up my test systems with
GNOME-stable and GNOME-unstable.

Disclaimer: DO NOT USE THE BLASTWAVE GNOME-UNSTABLE
2.14.3 DESKTOP FOR ANY PRODUCTION WORKSTATION/SERVER.
ONLY USE FOR TESTING/DEMO/BETA PURPOSES FOR NOW. USE
THE INCLUDED SUN JDS, OR SUN JDS/GNOME UPDATES,
AUTHORIZED BY SUN FOR PRODUCTION SYSTEMS.

USE GNOME-STABLE FOR ANY BLASTWAVE PACKAGE
COMPATIBILITY AND PRODUCTION USE.

Ok, hope that clears that part up. If you decide to
'pkg-get -i gnome' and have issues with the desktop,
please send me an email or add to the bug reports of
the Blastwave.org MANTIS system.

Publically stated: I apologize to James Lee whom was
always helpful in his earlier GNOME testing for
letting my 'dark side' creep out on a certain topic. I
am back on my 'cigar and wine' treatments...