[csw-users] gnome-settings-daemon: fatal: libXxf86misc.so.1.1

Steve Graegert graegerts at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:51:38 CEST 2006

Brendan,

On 9/23/06, Brendan Leddy <treat.williams at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to get CSW Gnome to work on my Solaris 10 06/06 box for
> about a week.  I've looked through the mailing list archive, Googled, tried
> creating new users, deleting the stuff in /var/tmp,
> uninstalling/reinstalling... to no avail.
>
> Gnome does start, but I get the gnome-settings-daemon exception.  Trying to
> start /opt/csw/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon gives me this:
>
> ld.so.1: gnome-settings-daemon: fatal: libXxf86misc.so.1.1: open failed: No
> such file or directory
> Killed
>
> Have I inadvertently uninstalled an essential package? I can find
> /usr/X11/lib/libXxf86misc.so.1 just fine, but not .so.1.1.  I couldn't find
> which package this file is located in.

I've seen similar problems and most of the times the cure has been to
manually create a link to the library in question (used for versioning
of libraries):

# cd /usr/X11/lib
# ln -s /usr/X11/lib/libXxf86misc.so.1 libXxf86misc.so.1.1

I suspect that the link has not been created during package
installation.  Just give it a try.

	\Steve

--

Steve Grägert <steve at graegert.com>