[csw-users] Alternatives to LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Mike Seda maseda at unc.edu
Wed Apr 4 17:35:03 CEST 2007

Hi All,
I am compiling (with CSW gcc3) some of my own (non-CSW) software into
/opt/pkg, and am looking for an alternative to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. The
following page recommends LD_RUN_PATH and LDFLAGS:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=55641

But, I am not sure if the aforementioned variables are the best
approach. Also, will CSW gcc3 respect these variables? I have heard that
SFW gcc3 has a bug regarding that:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?messageID=7201

Please advise.
Thx,