[csw-users] CSW GNOME 2.16.3 for Solaris ... testing complete!!!

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 20 03:49:55 CEST 2007

Hello,

Thanks to the non-biased testing skills of Peter
Felecan over at Blastwave.org whom assisted me in
reviewing GNOME, we now have a production-grade
version of GNOME 2.16.3 for Solaris 8/9/10 x86/SPARC
and OpenSolaris distros (tested on OpenSolaris distro
SXCE b35 (SPARC)and Solaris 10u3 (x86)).

I made a valiant attempt to provide the some of the
most recent GNOME apps and I've put GIMP 2.3.15 in the
/testing area.

We hope to have GNOME 2.16.3 available in the unstable
area of the CSW mirrors by this weekend.

Thanks to the many users that took the time to fill
out bug reports and test the beta builds. I think
you'll really like this port of GNOME - and there are
more improvements on the way!!!

~ Ken Mays @ EarthLink, Inc.
Blastwave.org GNOME 2.16.x/KDE maintainer