[csw-users] New python to stable?

Cory Omand comand at blastwave.org
Thu Apr 26 08:06:23 CEST 2007

On 4/25/07, Ken Langley <langley at med.unc.edu> wrote:
> I see that a new python (v.2.5) package is in testing.  Is there a
> timeline for when it will be released to stable?  Can my group help in
> the testing process?

Hi Ken,

You are certainly welcome to assist with the testing.  The outstanding
issue is that any packages which have a binary dependency on python
need to be updated.   Now that focus has shifted away from the last
stable release, more time is available to begin that process.

Note that this is really only a concern if you use modules with a
binary component (or packages that embed the Python interpreter).  If
you use pure python modules, you will continue to pick up blastwave
installed modules in the 2.4 site-packages directory.

HTH,
Cory.