[csw-users] firefox - segmentation fault

William Bonnet william at wbonnet.net
Wed Jan 10 00:18:52 CET 2007

Hi Gary
> Thunderbird and seamonkey seem to be ok. Should I report this as a
> gnomevfs or firefox problem?

I experienced this problem once or twice when build package at the very
beginning. I don't know what is the reason, and it disappeared by itself...

My guess is :

. One of your gtk lib is not up to date
. You may have remaining files from a previous Firefox installation

for the second point, i would do the following :

Remove firefox by hand ( pkgrm CSWfirefox )
Be sure the target directory is deleted (delete byhand
/opt/csw/mozilla/firefox)
Be sure that the previous installation directory is deleted also (
firefox installation directory has recently moved. It was something like
/opt/csw/libexec/firefox/lib/firefox-version )

Kind regards
William

--
William                  http://www.wbonnet.net