[csw-users] Courier-IMAP and FAM

gritzko at example.com gritzko at example.com
Sat Jan 20 15:10:04 CET 2007

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007 17:26:28 +0500
> Did you see the notes from the package 'View news and info' button?

Yes, I've read it. See my mail; inetd.conf and rpc have respective entries;
 sgi_fam/1-2 stream rpc/tcp wait root /opt/csw/bin/fam fam
and
 sgi_fam     391002

> However, I need to add some items for Solaris 10.
> On Solaris 10, also run inetconv after the entry is added

...but inetconv fails on unknown reason (ret code 2) saying
 "inetconv: Error /etc/inet/inetd.conf line 49 invalid or inconsistent
fields:"

BTW, could you send me your resulting
  /var/svc/manifest/network/rpc/*fam*xml ?

> to /etc/inetd.conf.  Then use `inetadm -d` to disable the services and
> `inetadm -e` to enable the services.

 # inetadm -e sgi_fam
 Pattern 'sgi_fam' doesn't match any instance
 # inetadm | grep fam
 #

> When fam is configured and running properly, you should get the
> following output from rpcinfo.  This is from a Solaris 10 box.
> [root at sws601 ~]# uname -a
> SunOS sws601 5.10 Generic_118833-24 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
> [root at sws601 ~]# rpcinfo -p |grep fam
>     391002    1   tcp  32794  sgi_fam
>     391002    2   tcp  32794  sgi_fam
> [root at sws601 ~]#
>
> Courier IMAP will be happy when `rpcinfo -p` returns the above.

My Courier is unhappy because there is only the second line.
I killed and restarted and killed and restarted inetd; it didn't help.

                    Victor