[csw-users] Openssl package split

Neal A. Lucier nlucier at math.purdue.edu
Thu Jul 26 19:41:14 CEST 2007

Yann Rouillard wrote:
> Trygve Laugstøl a écrit :
>>
>>I find calling packages "foo_rt" confusing. As a _user_ of blastwave I
>>would like to get "OpenSSL" and thus I should pkg-get install the
>>"openssl" package. I've seen this pattern a few places and is still
>>confused.
>
> I will not change that package layout now but what would you propose
> instead ?

Not really a suggestion of a way to go, just another anecdotal data point...

Solaris 10 3/05 does it this way:
system      SUNWopenssl-commands             OpenSSL Commands (Usr)
system      SUNWopenssl-include              OpenSSL Header Files
system      SUNWopenssl-libraries            OpenSSL Libraries (Usr)
system      SUNWopenssl-man                  OpenSSL Manual Pages
system      SUNWopensslr                     OpenSSL (Root)

This is probably even more confusing to Trygve than the current blastwave way.

Neal